CLOMIPHENE- Clomid, Milophene, Serophene
BASIC CLOMID INFO
Habit forming? No
Prescription needed? Yes
Available as generic? Yes
Drug class: Gonad stimulant
CLOMID's MEDICAL USES
Treatment for men with low sperm counts.
- Treatment for ovulatory failure in women who wish to become pregnant.
MEDICAL DOSAGE & CLOMID USAGE
How to take Clomid:
-Tablet: Swallow with liquid.
When to take Clomid:
Men: Take at the same time each day.
- Women: Follow your doctor's Instructions.
If you forget a Clomid dose:
- Take as soon as you remember.
- If you forget a day, double next dose. If you miss 2 or more doses, consult doctor.
What drug does:
- An estrogen effect stimulates ovulation and
Time lapse before Clomid works:
- Usually 3 to 6 months.
- Ovulation may occur 6 to
10 days after last day of treatment in any cycle.
Don't take with:
- Any other medicine or any dietary supplement without consulting your doctor or
Increased severity of adverse reactions and
|CLOMID SIDE EFFECTS|
Sudden shortness of breath.
Common Clomid Side Effects:
pain, pelvic pain.
Infrequent Clomid side effects:
Rash, itch, vomiting,
weight change, hair
loss, nausea, eyes
sensitive to light.
Rare Clomid side effects:
|Don't take if:
You are allergic to Clomiphene.
Before you start, consult your doctor if:
- You have an ovarian cyst, fibroid uterine tumors or unusual vaginal bleeding.
- You have inflamed veins caused by blood clots.
- You have liver disease.
- You are depressed.
Over age 60:
- Clomid is Not recommended.
Stop taking Clomid at first sign of pregnancy. Consult doctor.
Infant & children:
- Not used.
- Not recommended.
- Talk to your doctor about the need for follow-up medical examinations or laboratory studies to check basal body temperature, endometrial biopsy, kidney function, eyes.
Skin & sunlight:
No special problems expected.
Driving, piloting or hazardous work:
- Avoid if you feel dizzy.
- May cause blurred vision.
May be unnecessary to finish medicine.
- Follow doctor's instructions.
- Have a complete pelvic examination before treatment.
- Advise any doctor or dentist whom you consult that you take this medicine.
- If you become pregnant, twins or triplets are possible.