ANTI-INFLAMMATORY DRUGS, NONSTEROIDAL (NSAIDs) COX-2 INHIBITORS
BASIC CELEBREX INFO
Habit forming? No
Prescription needed? Yes
Available as generic? No
Drug class: Anti-Inflammatory (non-steroidal), analgesic, anti-gout agent, fever-reducer
Treatment for joint pain, stiffness, inflammation and swelling of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and gout.
- Treatment for pain, fever and inflammation.
- Treatment for dysmenorrhea (painful or difficult menstruation).
- Treatment for colorectal polyps.
- Special note: This class of drugs has been linked to an increased risk of heart attack and stroke. Consult doctor before using.
MEDICAL DOSAGE & CELEBREX USAGE
How to take
- Tablet or capsule: Swallow with liquid. If you
can't swallow whole, open capsule or crumble
tablet and take with liquid or food.
- Suspension: Shake the bottle well before use.
Carefully measure dose with measuring spoon
When to take Celebrex:
At the same times each day.
If you forget a dose:
Take as soon as you remember up to 2 hours late. If more than 2 hours, wait for next scheduled dose (don't double this dose).
What drug does:
Reduces tissue concentration of prostaglandins
(Hormones which produce inflammation and
Time lapse before drug works:
Begins in 2 to 3 hours. May require 3 weeks of
regular use for maximum benefit.
Don't take with:
Any other medicine or any dietary supplement
without consulting your doctor or pharmacist.
Breathing problems, tightness in chest,
Decreased urine amount, swelling, thirst,
Tiredness or weakness, stomach pain, bloody
or black stools, dizziness, headache, nausea
Hives, rash, intense itching, faintness soon after a dose (anaphylaxis in aspirin-sensitive persons).
Common Celebrex Side Effects:
Cough, fever, skin rash, swelling of face, fingers, feet and/or lower legs.
Back pain, dizziness, gas, headache, nausea, and heartburn, burning in throat, sleeplessness, stuffy or runny nose.
Infrequent Celebrex Side Effects:
Bloody or tarry stools,
loss of appetite,
muscle pains, blood
in urine, pale skin,
shortness of breath,
pain, weight gain,
o Anxiety, vision
in ears, changes in sense of taste, difficulty swallowing, dry mouth, constipation, depression, rapid heartbeat, increased sweating, numbness in fingers or toes, sleepiness.
Rare Celebrex Side Effects:
- May affect results in some medical tests.
- Advise any doctor or dentist whom you consult that you take this medicine.